We have a wide variety of animals on the ranch. We are not a zoo, just like to have little critters around! You can go to some of our other pages and see more about these animals if you like. The animals listed below are the key “Characters” you read about in our Blog from time to time. The other animals are equally entertaining, but we can only keep up with so many on the Blog.
The Hounds of Khiva, started in 1964 with Borzoi. Showing of dogs has been a family affair. Sighthounds, such as Borzoi, Greyhounds, Whippets and Salukis have been shown over the years by Barbara Hamilton or her two daughters, Katrina and Valerie. Although Sighthounds have been the focal point, Barbara showed many Chinese /Cresteds to wins and Miniature Xolo’s (anticipating future AKC recognition). Several of these Cresteds and Xolo’s have World Championships. The Hounds of Khiva have had multiple Best in Show and Specialty winning Whippets and Salukis. Today, we are concentrating on Salukis.
The Khiva Salukis have been in the Top 10 in the country for the past several years.
Click this Link to see the Salukis of Khiva
Below are two Salukis owned by Katrina.
Ch. Khiva’s Midnight Escapade
Daphne is now retired, but had wins including:
- Best in Sweepstakes and Best Opposite in Sweepstakes, as a youngster at Saluki Specialities;
- Also as a youngster, 2nd Place (2003) in the open Bitch Class at the National.
- Finished her Championship with three 5-point Majors and one 4-point Major;
- Shown on a limited basis, approximately 15 trips to the show ring in 2005 and was a Top Ten Saluki for that year.
Ch. Khiva’s When your Hot, Your Hot
Garth is still growing up, but his wins to date:
At 9 months of age, won 9 points in two weekends, including a 3-point major;
Won BOB Sweepstakes at the North Georgia Hound Association;
At 12 months of age, Reserve Winners Dog (2007) at the National;
- Won a 4-point Major at Louisville, KC.
Horses and Mules
Spotted Saddle Horse -”Daisy” with her baby Mule
To See The Hounds of Khiva, Visit